i'm very surprised my request has not been asked.

Suggest and discuss new features here.
derrtiblu

i'm very surprised my request has not been asked.

Postby derrtiblu » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:47 am

Been awhile since i been on this forum. Hi two all dat check out new features.

A size change in musical notes but everything else. Like whole notes quarter notes. 8th notes 16th notes 32nd notes is the most common in software and apps but could this app be the first two implement if it needs two implement size of notes better two add 64th notes as well. How can this be added in the long press of note. Just add a triangle up at the top of the button for this functionality. Thus it should be implemented in as u would timing but over every note sound played. The choice of every sound.
planet-h

Re: i'm very surprised my request has not been asked.

Postby planet-h » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:18 am

derrtiblu wrote:Been awhile since i been on this forum. Hi two all dat check out new features.

A size change in musical notes but everything else. Like whole notes quarter notes. 8th notes 16th notes 32nd notes is the most common in software and apps but could this app be the first two implement if it needs two implement size of notes better two add 64th notes as well. How can this be added in the long press of note. Just add a triangle up at the top of the button for this functionality. Thus it should be implemented in as u would timing but over every note sound played. The choice of every sound.

You actually have all these abilities.
To be able to use 64th notes, you need to set the time signature in the Timing & Measure section to 64th.
Of course you can also set 32th, 16th, 8th, 4th, ... whatever you're up to.
Just keep in mind, that this is only possible on the VA-Beast Poly Grid view, since only the VA-Beast is polyphonic and works with NoteOn/NoteOff events (the drum samplers do simply trigger sounds).

To change the length of existing notes, check out:
http://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/G-Stomper_UserManual_PatternSequencer.htm#_Toc413321239

To change the default note lenght (the one which is used when you tap the grid) check out:
http://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/G-Stomper_UserManual_PatternSequencer.htm#_Toc413321246

Keep in mind, that all G-Stomper apps are step sequencer based, therefore the complete timing is step based, not time based.
What I can add in one of the next releases would be a quick selection of e.g. 16th, 8th, 4th, etc. notes in the grid cfg, so that you don't have to use the slider anymore. Would that be helpful?

Btw. to overlap notes, simply make the length of the overlapping note one step over the start of the second note. That'll do the job
derrtiblu

Postby derrtiblu » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:49 am

And this user seas all has been done with app and the website is wonderful!!! But no explanatory videos of this concept. My thoughts break thangs down way too much two follow more words not fully understood. I literally watched the 17 minute video of g stomper now about 25 times. And..... i did not catch this there. At all. I caught the timing. But i gotta rewatch the video again and herre why i gotta learn how two save Properly from the video cause i lost my most recent work. But videos really do help if u put more up of how two do ideas thanx!!
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:32 am

Thank you derrtiblu. Good to hear that you like the website:)

I literally watched the 17 minute video of g stomper now about 25 times. And..... i did not catch this there.

Actually that's not deeply covered by the basic tutorial video. I had to strip down the video to the real basics, otherwise it would be 1 hour long, which would simply scare too many beginners away.

More videos are planned, but it may take a while, because there are a lot of new features waiting..
derrtiblu

Postby derrtiblu » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:02 am

I'm of mind two help take g stomper two the next level but its gonna take alot longer while with the learning curve how i learn. And then how i internalize what i learn is not always the same.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:22 pm

derrtiblu wrote:I'm of mind two help take g stomper two the next level but its gonna take alot longer while with the learning curve how i learn. And then how i internalize what i learn is not always the same.

I understand what you mean derrtiblu.
The best way to get things done quicker is as followed:

Don't try to use G-Stomper Studio to use like Cubase, Caustic or FL Studio. G-Stomper is a Groovebox with a completely different objective. As soon as you begin using it as it's meant to be, you'll see that you get results much quicker than with other tools.

Try to focus on the fun part of music making, not on the production. G-Stomper Studio is built as a live tool, which gives you the ability to build up songs like a jam session. This is indeed completely different to typical offline production tools like Reason or Caustic.

Also don't be scared away by the huge size of the docs (actually over 350 pages). It's built up like a tutorial, which describes every single feature in a simple and easy to understand way.

If you have a specific question, always feel free to ask. I'll answer all of them with best effort.
derrtiblu

Postby derrtiblu » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:59 am

Can u do arpeggio as single out one trk and not effect the overall mix of other trks??? I ask this question cause i thought deeper about your comment before this?

Cause i need something two give my current project trk something in the timing department.
derrtiblu

Postby derrtiblu » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:11 am

Just having a couple issues. And working thru what i can on my own from videos instead of pages of tutorial. I don't learn dat well with music production music theory maybe. But pre-production as well music theory has two have sound implementation as talk thru or some kind of way of catching the points and the main points well, rewind, dat's what dat's for. Cause i can read and read and over look what i'm looking for in pages of tutorial.

I don't particularly care for videos for no talking from the operator of the video. Videos of just reading the tutorials with human mouse point clicker doing the steps is just as aggravating cause i often miss what was said
And i caught or will catch more from the watch of tutorials then the wording. Sooo just idk
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:30 am

derrtiblu wrote:Can u do arpeggio as single out one trk and not effect the overall mix of other trks??? I ask this question cause i thought deeper about your comment before this?

Cause i need something two give my current project trk something in the timing department.

Unfortunately I don't understand exactly what you want to do, sorry.

You want to create a track (a single track out of all available tracks) with an arpeggio, right?
And you want to have a separate timing for the arpeggio track?
Or do you want to record the Arpeggio to as a sequence?
Or do you want to export the Arpeggio as audio?

And which arpeggio do you mean? There are actually 2 of them, the Rhythm Arpeggio on the main drum machine and the tonal Arpeggio on the VA-Beast Synthesizer.

derrtiblu wrote:And working thru what i can on my own from videos instead of pages of tutorial. I don't learn dat well with music production music theory maybe.

Fully understand. And yes, I agree, it's not everyone's thing to read documentations. I also do read docs only if it's really required.
What I can offer you is to give you direct links to specific manual pages when I know exactly what you want to do. That will make it much easier to catch the points.
derrtiblu

Postby derrtiblu » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm

Yes sir!! I do want to create a track (a single track out of all available tracks) with an arpeggio
And i want to have a separate timing for the arpeggio track. Why? This may fix my issue of my current project of phase issues of timing slightly off. With g-stomper's intentions of a groove machine not able or not wanting two be like any other software / app is gonna make it harder more work two blend these other software/app two g-stomper.

Dat's been my whole concern. If i should upload g-stomper file. Please say so. And i got multiple variations of my complication. I'm just really stuck!!!

Return to “Feature Requests”