Tempo/bpm makeover

Suggest and discuss new features here.
Rafal

Tempo/bpm makeover

Postby Rafal » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:04 am

Tempo/bpm buttons and slider are currently very slow to use. Recent update improved things a bit but it is still not perfect.
The slider is very imprecise as its step is to small (1/10th). I think its minimal step should be changed to 1 and limited to whole numbers. In usual situations fractions are not used. If someone needs finer step the option is still there with long press on up and down arrows.

To get speedier and more precise tempo changes different step size on buttons and slider would make it possible. For example step size of 5 or 10 on slider for rough adjustment in conjunction with finer adjustments using up and down buttons (as it is working now, +/-1 wit short press, +/-0.1 with long press). That is one option....

... but my favourite one would be to change sliders function to custom step size with which the tempo is changed using up and down buttons short press. I would limit steps to whole numbers between 1 and 16. This change would allow for much quicker tempo changes in live situation or just when practising a new piece and you start playing slow, gradually increasing tempo by 10, 12 or some other value.

That's my thoughts and suggestions and I hope I made them clear.

Rafal
planet-h

Re: Tempo/bpm makeover

Postby planet-h » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:39 am

Fully agree. And I must say, that is in fact the best solution for this problem. Great idea, thanks a lot.
Goes directly to the task list
planet-h

Re: Tempo/bpm makeover

Postby planet-h » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:39 pm

Rafal wrote:To get speedier and more precise tempo changes different step size on buttons and slider would make it possible. For example step size of 5 or 10 on slider for rough adjustment in conjunction with finer adjustments using up and down buttons (as it is working now, +/-1 wit short press, +/-0.1 with long press). That is one option....

Done, it's part of the latest beta. Simply click the display between the up down buttons to change the division of the bpm selector

Return to “Feature Requests”