Suggestion: Event list view

Suggest and discuss new features here.
TomVal

Suggestion: Event list view

Postby TomVal » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:07 pm

It would be nice if there was event list implemented. It would speed up some editing operations and enable users to see patterns/songs from various different perspectives.

What one could do using event edit?

* Edit song data more intuitively
* edit pattern notes in tracker style
* each screen would have its own list view, presenting controls as table entries
etc.

If the event view had adjustable font size, it would be very nice for people working on smaller screens and/or people with eyesight difficulties.
planet-h

Re: Suggestion: Event list view

Postby planet-h » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:03 pm

Thank you for the suggestion TomVal.
It's quite a good thought. Actually I have something planned in that direction, a generic parameter sequencer as an alternative to the regular step edit. Also planned is an additional view for the song composer, more or less a straight forward song grid.
So there will be easier ways to automate parameters as well as to compose songs. But I don't think that it will be be in tracker style, since that probably won't fit for most of the G-Stomper users. G-Stomper is a groovebox, that's its main purpose and also its strength. For typical tracker style composing SunVox is probably the better choice.

(I might be wrong in that opinion, let's see if there's some reaction from other users to this request)
TomVal

Postby TomVal » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:29 pm

I'll wait for some betas showcasing your planned features, then 'Ill tell you. I didn't mean "tracker style" as a way of presenting effects and so on, but just a way for easier cut, copy, paste, navigation, etc.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:40 am

TomVal wrote:I'll wait for some betas showcasing your planned features, then 'Ill tell you. I didn't mean "tracker style" as a way of presenting effects and so on, but just a way for easier cut, copy, paste, navigation, etc.

OK, I see the point. I'll think about that, thanks.

Return to “Feature Requests”