Opening pattern sets from file manager

Suggest and discuss new features here.
TomVal

Opening pattern sets from file manager

Postby TomVal » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:23 pm

I tried to put a shortcut for a pattern set I'm working on to my homescreen using a shortcut for a file provided by a file manager. When I tried to open that file, android didn't know what to do with it. It looks like the .gss extension isn't registered in the way pattern sets could be opened via file managers. It would really speed up my work if I just could tap my pattern set in progress and continue working on it without inwoking Load command from started G Stomper.
planet-h

Re: Opening pattern sets from file manager

Postby planet-h » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:10 am

Hi Tomval
This is actually a feature request, not a bug, therefore I moved the topic over here.
The G-Stomper file types are not yet associated with the application. That's already on the task list and will come in some future release.
TomVal

Postby TomVal » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:40 pm

Well, I consider file association as a standard feature of any app which introduces its own file type(s). an omission of such a standard feature is imho a bug. But thanks for your answers to my posts, and thanks for your patience with me. You know, When I'm starting to use anything and it doesn't do quite what I'd like it to do, I tend to speak about this with developers. Your app is great, and it's obvious it's used for actual work, since many things are solved very nicely.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:00 pm

TomVal wrote:Well, I consider file association as a standard feature of any app which introduces its own file type(s). an omission of such a standard feature is imho a bug.

Yes, that might be right, at least on windows etc. On Android by far not every app has its file types associated.
But that's anyway not the point. I fully agree, I miss that feature too, and it's already nailed in the task list and will be done for sure.

TomVal wrote:But thanks for your answers to my posts, and thanks for your patience with me. You know, When I'm starting to use anything and it doesn't do quite what I'd like it to do, I tend to speak about this with developers. Your app is great, and it's obvious it's used for actual work, since many things are solved very nicely.

You're very welcome. It's good having feedback like yours. Remember that screen lock unlock bug, when G-Stomper returned back to the main drum machine after unlocking the screen? I found that one only because of your feedback, which I really appreciate.

Also thanks a lot for the kind words:), good to hear that you're happy with G-Stomper.
You also mailed me last week because to the font size problem, right? Didn't realize til yet that this is you.
TomVal

Postby TomVal » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:04 am

You also mailed me last week because to the font size problem, right? Didn't realize til yet that this is you.

Yep, it was me :)

Return to “Feature Requests”