VA-Beast polyphony per preset

Suggest and discuss new features here.
TomVal

VA-Beast polyphony per preset

Postby TomVal » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:05 am

I was searching for a way to select VA-Beast polyphony per track (e.g. VT01 2 voices, VT02 5 voices, VT03 single voice i.e. mono), presets should be able to define polyphony as well, and the polyphony entry in Setpu should just define maximum polyphony in global, i.e. 10 VA Beast voices played in a single time, regardless of track/preset settings. Well, no such luck currently. Any chance to have this implemented in a future version of G Stomper/VA Beast? Thank you.
planet-h

Re: VA-Beast polyphony per preset

Postby planet-h » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:19 am

TomVal wrote:I was searching for a way to select VA-Beast polyphony per track (e.g. VT01 2 voices, VT02 5 voices, VT03 single voice i.e. mono), presets should be able to define polyphony as well, and the polyphony entry in Setpu should just define maximum polyphony in global, i.e. 10 VA Beast voices played in a single time, regardless of track/preset settings. Well, no such luck currently. Any chance to have this implemented in a future version of G Stomper/VA Beast? Thank you.

For now, this is unfortunately not possible for technical reasons. Changing the polyphony at runtime takes too much time and cpu.
With different polyphony settings per Track and Pattern, Pattern Changes would not be smooth anymore. What you can do is to set a preset to 'monophony' using the mono switch in the 'glide/legato' section.

What I could add in a future release would be a switch (per preset) to change the polyphony downwards. Let's say you have set the max voices in the setup dialog to 5, then you would be able to the the polyphony per preset to 5, 4, 3, 2 or mono (1), but not to 6.

Think that would cover your needs, what you think?

Return to “Feature Requests”