Wireless MIDI & MIDI export..Please?

Suggest and discuss new features here.
sickform

Wireless MIDI & MIDI export..Please?

Postby sickform » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:30 am

I've had a look through, and am aware that I can run OTG on my device.

However, it makes me a bit nervous that my newly bought tablets port may get damaged in wear and tear of using it.
Also, it seems that I will have to run additional power on a USB splitter as there isn't enough power, bit that's another story..

So far, from jumping right in at the deep end of this amazing software, I can still see so much potential!

One feature that no one seems to have (from what I've seen so far) is MIDI input via WiFi / Bluetooth.

Wireless MIDI in G-Stomper would mean that we could use this as a standalone instrument!

Also, maybe some flexibility on the amount of FX and the chaining?
One Fx insert per channel would be awesome. I have a fairly snappy new pad, so I'd doubt it would struggle.

I'm need to also dig a bit deeper with all of it, for example pitches on the imported samples/envelopes/filters etc. Either I haven't found them yet (easily) or they would certainly add an extra layer in to the flexibility of something that will now becoming part of my essentials in writing and experimenting.

Best regards.

Keep up the amazing work!
planet-h

Re: Wireless MIDI & MIDI export..Please?

Postby planet-h » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:26 am

Welcome to the forum sickform
sickform wrote:I've had a look through, and am aware that I can run OTG on my device.

However, it makes me a bit nervous that my newly bought tablets port may get damaged in wear and tear of using it.
Also, it seems that I will have to run additional power on a USB splitter as there isn't enough power, bit that's another story..

What you need is a midi controller with its own power suppoly, or a midi controller specially designed for mobile usage(less power consumtion) like the korg nanokontrol or similar.
Think using a Midi Hub to charge an android device at the same time as using otg is not possible.

sickform wrote:So far, from jumping right in at the deep end of this amazing software, I can still see so much potential!

Thank you :)

sickform wrote:One feature that no one seems to have (from what I've seen so far) is MIDI input via WiFi / Bluetooth.

Wireless MIDI in G-Stomper would mean that we could use this as a standalone instrument!

Yes, I fully agree with you. Especially for live usage, it's more than important to have a power supply attached and still the possibility for midi control. That will definitely come some day, unfortunately it'll not be in the next release. Too many other things waiting.

sickform wrote:Also, maybe some flexibility on the amount of FX and the chaining?
One Fx insert per channel would be awesome. I have a fairly snappy new pad, so I'd doubt it would struggle.

I'm need to also dig a bit deeper with all of it, for example pitches on the imported samples/envelopes/filters etc. Either I haven't found them yet (easily) or they would certainly add an extra layer in to the flexibility of something that will now becoming part of my essentials in writing and experimenting.

Each sampler track (on the main drum machine) provides a Mod Envelope + a Multi Filter.
Each VA-Beast synth track/instance provides 3 LFOs + 3 Mod Envelopes + a Multi Filter (per voice)

The only thing G-Stomper does not provide yet is an insert FX per track. That will come someday for sure;)

sickform wrote:Best regards.

Keep up the amazing work!

Thanks a lot

Return to “Feature Requests”