Midi mapping

Suggest and discuss new features here.
rv36116

Midi mapping

Postby rv36116 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:10 am

Similar to caustic mapping it's synth features, I'd love to see GS implement this in a similar fashion.
I have some responses to some of my midi channels on the Alesis VI25 (that I purchased simply to use with GS because it's changed my mindset to be mobile and creative)....
I'd love to be able to map everthing in the synth AND my 16 pads I have on the VI25 to the drum machine....

I love this damn software!
planet-h

Re: Midi mapping

Postby planet-h » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:58 pm

Thank you for your feedback rv36116.

Similar to caustic mapping it's synth features, I'd love to see GS implement this in a similar fashion.
I have some responses to some of my midi channels on the Alesis VI25 (that I purchased simply to use with GS because it's changed my mindset to be mobile and creative)....
I'd love to be able to map everthing in the synth AND my 16 pads I have on the VI25 to the drum machine....

Yes, there'll be midi mapping/midi learn functionality in some future release, not 100% sure if it'll be in the next, but it will be done.
The next major release will bring a lot more midi support:
- midi out functionality
- midi control for the samplers
- latency compensation for the midi clock sync
- ... and hopefully midi learn (depends on how long all the other features need to be done)

In the current version, you have a fixed midi mapping, which means in fact that your controller has to send the correct controller values/ids.
The full midi implementation chart can be found in the midi docs at:
http://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/pdf/G-Stomper_UserManual_19_Midi.pdf

I love this damn software!

Thank you so much :)

Return to “Feature Requests”