Sidesweep for presets VA-Beast

Suggest and discuss new features here.
Musical Android

Sidesweep for presets VA-Beast

Postby Musical Android » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:09 pm

Was thinking mostly about the VA-Beast that it would be helpful if it was possible to access the presets and change them directly from the VA-Beast window.
Mostly when looking for sounds it is slightly annoying to open menus again and again if you are looking through many sounds.
Not very imported but maybe it is easy to implement?
planet-h

Re: Sidesweep for presets VA-Beast

Postby planet-h » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:37 pm

Thanks for your feedback Frank.
How about the preview button in the preset loading dialog? Doesn't this do the job?

Or do you mean just something to step through directly on the synthesizer view? Maybe some kind of drop down (or spinner as it's called in android)..?
I was thinking about that already, and yes, this should be done in one of the next updates.

Initially I didn't implement it because of lack of space on the screen, but since the upcoming morph groups will use space anyway, this can be done as well;)
Musical Android

Postby Musical Android » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:40 am

Upcoming morph groups... Colour me intrigued!

Yes think that it would be better if you could sideswipe or similar to reach the different presets as you can have the sequencer going and at the same time hearing the sound with melody for example playing at the same time...

In either case it is a small thing and oh boy am I enjoying the new G-Stomper / VA-Beast!
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:21 am

It went directly to my task list for version 3.1;)

Musical Android wrote:Yes think that it would be better if you could sideswipe or similar to reach the different presets as you can have the sequencer going and at the same time hearing the sound with melody for example playing at the same time...

Actually you can do this right now. Just press play to run your sequence, then open up the load preset dialog. In the moment you tapp on one of the presets, it gets automatically pre-loaded and applied to the running sequence (if you're on the right track), while the dialog stays open. So you can just tapp the presets one by one to pre-listen them in your sequence.

Musical Android wrote:In either case it is a small thing and oh boy am I enjoying the new G-Stomper / VA-Beast!

Thank you so much, I'm sowhat excited since today G-Stomper 3.0 goes live (actually on google play it is already since 2 hours or so) :mrgreen:

Return to “Feature Requests”