Accent/Ghost note functionality

Suggest and discuss new features here.
Rafal

Accent/Ghost note functionality

Postby Rafal » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:35 pm

As I already mentioned in one of my Play comments, it would be graeat to have an additional, ghost note functionality in Accent mode. Quiet note could be engaged via long press.
planet-h

Re: Accent/Ghost note functionality

Postby planet-h » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:05 am

Rafal wrote:As I already mentioned in one of my Play comments, it would be graeat to have an additional, ghost note functionality in Accent mode. Quiet note could be engaged via long press.

Just to be sure that I understand you right...

With ghost note (in percussion context) you mean in fact the opposite of accentuation, right?

Accentuated (loudest level)
Normal (normal level)
Ghost (quietest level)

So in fact you want in fact 3 levels: normal, accent and decent (rather than the currently available 2: normal, accent)

Is this what you're looking for?
Rafal

Postby Rafal » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:24 pm

Yes, that's correct.

They are the quiet notes, usually played off beat on snare drum. In some music styles they are very common and notes are written in brackets. The aim is play them as soft as possible. When romoved from a grove, the feeling of it is completely different.

I know that level of each note can be changed with great precision individually for accent and grace note effect but for quick and rough mockups this extra functionality would complement Accent mode nicely. At least from drummer's perspective. This was my initial thought while using this mode for the first time.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:49 am

Thanks for the confirm.
Actually, this is in the task list already, but in a slightly different form.
I've just updated the task with the new info from your post.
That will be definitely done in some future release.
Thank you for the suggestion
Rafal

Postby Rafal » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Is task list available somewhere for viewing?
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:26 am

Rafal wrote:Is task list available somewhere for viewing?

So far, No. Actually the task list is nothing more than a huge excel sheet with a collection of all suggestions, ideas and tasks with different states and priorities. It helps me during the development to keep track on everything and don't forget a single idea.
It's definitely not for the public, since there's no 100% guarantee for any of the tasks to become a real feature. What tasks actually get implemented depends on many factors, but mainly on the amount of user requests. A feature which is demanded by many people gets a higher priority for example.

I'm thinking about a new, public section on the website, there where the "what's new" sections are, something like "upcoming features". Would that be a useful for you?
byter

Postby byter » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:58 pm

No thus far. In reality, the task list is just a massive bed sheet that contains a compilation of all proposals, ideas, and tasks in a variety of stages and priorities. It aids me in staying organised and making sure I don't miss any details when developing.
As there is no 100% guarantee that any of the tasks will become actual features, it is definitely not for the general public. What tasks are actually carried out relies on a variety of variables, but primarily on the volume of customer requests. For instance, a feature with strong demand is given more priority.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:14 pm

Hi
This feature was integrated years ago.
Note that this thread is 8 years old.

Return to “Feature Requests”