Audio Track in Song Arranger for G-Stomper Producer

Suggest and discuss new features here.
Rasel Miah

Audio Track in Song Arranger for G-Stomper Producer

Postby Rasel Miah » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:59 am

Is it possible to get G-Stomper Producer with real time audio track recording or track pattern based audio loops import feature for Song Arranger in future??
I am asking because I think without this feature G-Stomper Producer is incomplete....Thanks for the amazing app...
planet-h

Re: Audio Track in Song Arranger for G-Stomper Producer

Postby planet-h » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:15 pm

Thanks for your feedback. Audio tracks are not planned for the near future, sorry.
Rasel Miah

Postby Rasel Miah » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:23 pm

Is it technically possible to add this feature to G-Stomper Producer or not?
Thanks for the reply...
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:52 pm

Rasel Miah wrote:Is it technically possible to add this feature to G-Stomper Producer or not?
Thanks for the reply...

Audio Tracks (for loops or for longer audio streams) do not (yet) exist in GSP and are not planned for the near future, sorry.
ReadingSteiner_11

Postby ReadingSteiner_11 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:32 pm

Okay, good to know. It'd have been a nice addition to have, but I'm already satisfied with the current state of Producer, so not having it isn't an actual issue.
Rasel Miah

Postby Rasel Miah » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:03 am

Me too...But you know Producer is about music production app so it is also necessary to make it complete DAW...Of course, what features it has are the best on android. ...
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:42 am

ReadingSteiner_11 wrote:Okay, good to know. It'd have been a nice addition to have, but I'm already satisfied with the current state of Producer, so not having it isn't an actual issue.

Rasel Miah wrote:Me too...But you know Producer is about music production app so it is also necessary to make it complete DAW...Of course, what features it has are the best on android. ...

Thanks a lot for the kind words, guys :).
Unfortunately, audio tracks simply do not work very well on Android, especially when you're up to record for example vocals in real-time (and I think that's what most users want to do with audio tracks). It has been already proven by other apps, that it simply doesn't work as I'd expect it from a final product. The main reason for it are the many different Android Hardware variations in the wild. Audio Output Latency goes from less than 10ms up to 300ms, depending on manufacturer and Android version.
Maybe in another time, when Google starts to force manufacturers to build devices by a specific set of rules, and to use stock Android instead of letting them change the system. If there would have been a way to do it in a way that I believe it it is "professional" enough for a final product, then I would have done it for sure.
ReadingSteiner_11

Postby ReadingSteiner_11 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:06 pm

You're welcome, thank you and the team for giving us such an awesome tool.
It's interesting to learn why exactly this feature won't be added, it makes sense (and it proves the user base you're actually listening to them)
byter

Postby byter » Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:35 am

Hi,

Good to know, I guess. Although having it would have been wonderful, I'm quite happy with Producer as it is, so its absence isn't a real problem. I also work on furniture.
Last edited by byter on Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:25 pm

Welcome to the forum, byter.

byter wrote:Good to know, I guess. Although having it would have been wonderful, I'm quite happy with Producer as it is, so its absence isn't a real problem. I also work on furniture.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. That's much appreciated.

Return to “Feature Requests”