[NOT A BUG] Conflicting MIDI mappings Global/Sampler

Submit any bugs here. Please check existing posts before submitting a new one.
lonbluster

[NOT A BUG] Conflicting MIDI mappings Global/Sampler

Postby lonbluster » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:10 pm

When in Global Gstomper won't show me an allocated CC for Sampler, allowing to set the same CC #. How normal is this? Makes me mad...
planet-h

Re: [NOT A BUG] Conflicting MIDI mappings Global/Sampler

Postby planet-h » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:25 am

lonbluster wrote:When in Global Gstomper won't show me an allocated CC for Sampler, allowing to set the same CC #. How normal is this? Makes me mad...

This is of course not a bug. The mappings for the global MIDI channel are completely independent from the drum sampler MIDI mappings.
You can map CC01 in global mappings to some parameter, and in the drum sampler MIDI mappings you can map CC01 to something entirely different.
As a matter of course, you should NOT use the same MIDI channel for global and sampler, as this is how modules are separated from each other in the MIDI protocol.
lonbluster

Postby lonbluster » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:00 pm

Thanks for pointing at the channel issue.
It's the warning feature of G-stomper which is at stake.

I guess if I wanted to use All channels for Global I can only use same CCs for functions available only in Global. Or use unique CCs. Sounds good?
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:20 pm

lonbluster wrote:I guess if I wanted to use All channels for Global I can only use same CCs for functions available only in Global. Or use unique CCs. Sounds good?

Also note that if you use the same channel, you should clear the global key mappings. Otherwise you'll have double triggers.

Return to “Bug Reports”