Modulation problem after updates.

Submit any bugs here. Please check existing posts before submitting a new one.
J-Fon

Modulation problem after updates.

Postby J-Fon » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:42 pm

After the update I get a problem whereby the modulation for an EFX in an older track just goes wrong, maybe I can not explain it properly, so I have provided links to the same track, one was made in May last month, the other I saved in the latest update.

Please listen from one minute on this track and compare. Note: control using phaser.

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/kr3gMO7s/mod ... _1min.html

@15 seconds into the track, the modulation steps on the phaser efx have different values, the speed, depth, all the settings are the same, but the sound is out.

Please listen from 30 seconds on this track and compare. Note: Phaser control awol

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/gKy25GNx/mod ... 30sec.html

Is there any way to get this back, I know the old steps and positions because ......I made it :D but I am not able to recreate the same sound, I have to start from beginning.
planet-h

Re: Modulation problem after updates.

Postby planet-h » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:17 pm

Welcome to the board Jason

Yes, you're right.
I guess you're using the Phaser in sync mode, right?

The bug you notice is because of the new sync ranges, I've added in the last release (16/1 and 8/1).
I'm sorry for that. Unfortunately it's not possible to get it back.

The modulation curve is actually the same as before, but it points to a different sync rate.
But before you change it manually... let me know, then I send you a new beta build. There was still a minor bug in the range calculation of the current release, so it will again slightly change in the next release.

I had to fix this for the upcoming efx LFOs (for filters and more).
I'm very sorry for that inconvenience.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:42 pm

J-Fon wrote:Is there any way to get this back

If you didn't saved it already with 2.6.4, I can send you the old version 2.6.3a, so that you could export it using this version.

Actually to get the same sound, you have to raise the sweep rate a bit. Before it started at the bottom with 4/1, new it's 16/1, which makes the difference. But as I already posted, let me know, then I send you the latest beta to do this.
J-Fon

Postby J-Fon » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:16 pm

Thanks for the reply, I will wait and change to the new values with the next build, You are correct in that you did mention the changes with the update.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:50 pm

OK, thanks a lot for your patience.
If you somehow get in hurry, so that you need it earlier, feel free to ask. The LFO core is already finished (and so are the modulation positionings). The LFOs are just not wired to the filters yet. But the Phaser, Chorus, Vibrato and Auto Panner already have the new implementation applied. The new LFOs are 100% accurate, since they are based on the new Waveform generators, which are the base for the upcoming synthesizer. Furthermore there'll be various waveforms available (instead of just triangle). You'll be able to choose between triangle, saw, pulse, random and smooth random.
Musical Android

Postby Musical Android » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:57 pm

Synthesizer in G-Stomper!!!
WTF (in a good way)!!!
Myrothas

Postby Myrothas » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:58 pm

Snythesizer?
Oh lordy... im getting all wet!
#Beep, Boop-Beep#

Doesn't that sound great so far?

jbinyard

Postby jbinyard » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:58 pm

Oh my god what type or types of synthesizers this has to be The greatest news since I laid hands on g stomp.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:22 am

jbinyard wrote:what type or types of synthesizers

In the first release it'll be simple. A dual osc virtual analog synth. What exactly the details are is not defined yet.
Since there are 2 major updates (efx upgrade + modulation editor) in front of it, I didn't spend a lot of time for the synth yet. But I had to consider some of its parts while designing the wave form generators. So you'll get definitely Sine, Triangle, Saw, Pulse waveforms as well as some noise generator. I have lot of ideas for the synth(s), we'll see which of them are possible to implement in a mobile environment ;)

Return to “Bug Reports”