[NOT A BUG] Keyboard keys get stuck when playing three at the same time

Submit any bugs here. Please check existing posts before submitting a new one.
nautama

[NOT A BUG] Keyboard keys get stuck when playing three at the same time

Postby nautama » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:06 am

Hi there, I'm new to this wonderful piece of software art and still super impressed by all it's possibilities. I found something that as far as I have researched seems like a bug, I apologize if it isn't but I did my homework and nothing came up.

When I play three keyboard notes at the same time (whether directly in VA-Beast view or in the extended keyboard view) only two of them actually produce a sound (the other doesnt even light up) and also remain pressed down even after I have removed my fingers. This doesn't happen when I only play two at the same time but three seems to make this happen, it sucks because you just cannot play triad chords and if you attempt to do so you end up with notes stuck and sounding beyond the time you wanted them to last.

My device is a Xiaomi Red mi Note 7 Pro and I'm using GStomper Producer full version

Any help is super appreciated. Glad to be joining you guys, so much to learn!

Maui from Mexico
planet-h

Re: [NOT A BUG] Keyboard keys get stuck when playing three at the same time

Postby planet-h » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:08 am

Welcome to the forum, nautama
And thanks for your message.

nautama wrote:When I play three keyboard notes at the same time (whether directly in VA-Beast view or in the extended keyboard view) only two of them actually produce a sound (the other doesnt even light up) and also remain pressed down even after I have removed my fingers. This doesn't happen when I only play two at the same time but three seems to make this happen, it sucks because you just cannot play triad chords and if you attempt to do so you end up with notes stuck and sounding beyond the time you wanted them to last.

My device is a Xiaomi Red mi Note 7 Pro and I'm using GStomper Producer full version

Any help is super appreciated. Glad to be joining you guys, so much to learn!

I've quickly tested it on 4 different devices, with 2, 3, 4, 5 keys, all without problems.
What you report is not a problem in G-Stomper Producer. It's most likely touch screen problem on your phone, as the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro is well known for all sort of touch screen problems.
Just google for "Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro touch screen problems" and you'll get a ton of results incl. ways to fix them.
nautama

Postby nautama » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:18 pm

Thanks guys, I will try to test it on a different device, the other one I have and where it fails the same is a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 hehe so I guess there's not a lot of improvement there. Good to know it's not a bug. Keep up the impressive work!
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:56 pm

nautama wrote:Thanks guys, I will try to test it on a different device, the other one I have and where it fails the same is a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 hehe so I guess there's not a lot of improvement there. Good to know it's not a bug. Keep up the impressive work!

You never know. It sounds like a hardware specific problem, and there is a good chance that the redmi 5 just works.
Please let me know, if you were successful.

Return to “Bug Reports”