Song arrangement; skip too?

Submit any bugs here. Please check existing posts before submitting a new one.
planet-h

Re: Song arrangement; skip too?

Postby planet-h » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:36 am

Thanks for your report, TIXE DOPE.

TIXE DOPE wrote:When I am recording on song arrangement mode and I double tap the next pattern before the first is done it doesn't record the change when I tapped it to occur. It will only record the first bar and then go to the next pattern no matter on what bar I double tap it on. For example if I had an eight bar pattern and I'm making a song and i tell it to skip to the next pattern after the sixth bar it will do it in real time while I'm looking at it but on playback of the recorded song will be only the first bar then the next pattern. This also happens when I triple tap. I hope I explained myself well enough. Plz help.

Yes, I understand what you mean, and you're correct. This is actually a known bug, which is on the task list to be fixed (therefore I've moved your topic to "bug reports").

What you can do as a workaround for now to play just the first 2 bars of a 4 bar pattern for example, is to copy the pattern in the pattern set, and in the "copy pattern content" dialog, press "show content details", then select "select bars" and select bar 1 and 2 in the selection list.
I know this is only a workaround, and this will be fixed at some point.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
TIXE DOPE

Postby TIXE DOPE » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:03 pm

No Okay sure, i had no idea thank you for telling me. But when I do this, your saying that it will just cut off the last two bars in the pattern and leave the rest just how it is right?
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:55 am

TIXE DOPE wrote:No Okay sure, i had no idea thank you for telling me. But when I do this, your saying that it will just cut off the last two bars in the pattern and leave the rest just how it is right?

If you select only bar 1 and 2 to copy out of a 4 bar pattern, yes, then the new (copied) pattern will contain only 2 bars (bar 1 and 2 of the original pattern). And yes, sure, the 2 copied bars will be exactly the same as in the original pattern.
You can also create a copy of bar 1 and 4 for example, something you cannot do with the extended pattern changes.

Here's a walkthrough:
http://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/G-Stomper_UserManual_DataCopyClearFramework.htm#_Toc443039138

Return to “Bug Reports”