[SOLVED] Start/Stop

Submit any bugs here. Please check existing posts before submitting a new one.
Iradoncdire

[SOLVED] Start/Stop

Postby Iradoncdire » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:36 am

I didn't use G-Stomper since version 5, I tried it today and I've had a big problem : my "One Trick Pony" start and stop footswitch connected via my ploytec midi cable doesn't work anymore (it works fine with the previous version), is there something different with the MIDI start/stop/continue function ?
Thanks for your answer.
P.S. : I've tried to send a message via the "Help/Contact" in G-Stomper but the app. crashed....(See the Google Play report)
planet-h

Re: Start/Stop

Postby planet-h » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:10 am

Welcome to the forum, Iradoncdire.

Iradoncdire wrote:I didn't use G-Stomper since version 5, I tried it today and I've had a big problem : my "One Trick Pony" start and stop footswitch connected via my ploytec midi cable doesn't work anymore (it works fine with the previous version), is there something different with the MIDI start/stop/continue function ?
Thanks for your answer.
P.S. : I've tried to send a message via the "Help/Contact" in G-Stomper but the app. crashed....(See the Google Play report)

Regarding MIDI:
No, there haven't been any changes in the MIDI integration since version 4.3 (quite a while ago).
There have only been minor bug fixes in the MIDI driver in v.5.0, from 5.0 to 5.0.3 there haven't been any changes regarding MIDI.
Did you update your Android version since you've used it the last time?

I did a quick check here, and all is working as it should, no problems with start/stop/continue.

Please be sure to check if your MIDI connection is generally working.
1. Reboot your device
2. Start G-Stomper Studio
3. Connection your MIDI hardware
4. Press SETUP on the main screen
5. Select the MIDI tab

Does your device or MIDI interface show up there?

Regarding the crash in HELP/Contact:
The error report says that it was not possible to start the mail client (e.g. GMail or similar). Do you have a mail client installed on your device?
Iradoncdire

Postby Iradoncdire » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:18 pm

Hi,
Thanks for this quick reply.
In the Midi tab my device is recognized as "Ploytec Gmbh midi cable". My Android version is the same : 5.1.1 build 23.4.A.1.264. I've checked my device in Windows with MidiOx and everything is allright, the start and stop function is O.K. I really don't understand what's happened...

P.S. On my tablet I haven't mail client.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:28 pm

Can you control something else with the footswitch?
Or isn't MIDI working at all?

Btw. is the start/stop/continue set to "receive" in the G-Stomper Settings?
Also, can you please check what Default In Interface is set in the MIDI settings?
Iradoncdire

Postby Iradoncdire » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:04 pm

It's a very simple footswitch : only start and stop. MIDI Start/Stop/Continue is set to receive. Default IN Interface : All
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:01 pm

Iradoncdire wrote:It's a very simple footswitch : only start and stop. MIDI Start/Stop/Continue is set to receive. Default IN Interface : All

OK, I understand.
So what was the last working G-Stomper version which worked for you? And what app do you use?

I need also your google play email address, the one you've used to buy G-Stomper on google play (in case of one of the paid apps). You can mail it over using http://www.planet-h.com/contact/.
Once I was able to verify your order, I can send you one of the previous versions.
Iradoncdire

Postby Iradoncdire » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:22 pm

I've buyed G-Stomper the 4th december 2015 , so it was the 4.5 version I presume ? I've sent you my "Google play" mail address via the "Planet-H.com contact".
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:06 pm

Iradoncdire wrote:I've buyed G-Stomper the 4th december 2015 , so it was the 4.5 version I presume ? I've sent you my "Google play" mail address via the "Planet-H.com contact".

Thanks, got the mail and sent you the builds in this moment.
Please let me know if one of them works (and which one ;) ).
Thanks a lot
Iradoncdire

Postby Iradoncdire » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:39 pm

Message for users : finally it was a voltage problem. Be careful with OTG/USB MIDI Cable : it must be powered. This is not a problem with Keyboards/Sequencers or DrumMachines, but it came be with single Footswitch with no external power supply.
NickFlurry

Re: [SOLVED] Start/Stop

Postby NickFlurry » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:38 pm

Will I have similar problems on my Huawei Honor Note 8? If you need more info on the specs, here is a link https://www.findpare.com/smartphone/hua ... 0-4gb-64gb

Return to “Bug Reports”