[SOLVED] VA Beast crashing

Submit any bugs here. Please check existing posts before submitting a new one.
The Telltale Silence

[SOLVED] VA Beast crashing

Postby The Telltale Silence » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:13 am

When I am designing a sound in the beast, if I am playing a note and trying to tweak my sound, moving sliders and changing settings, it crashes on me, a lot. Is there something I can do to stop this?
planet-h

Re: VA Beast crashing

Postby planet-h » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:14 am

Thanks for your report, The Telltale Silence.

The Telltale Silence wrote:When I am designing a sound in the beast, if I am playing a note and trying to tweak my sound, moving sliders and changing settings, it crashes on me, a lot. Is there something I can do to stop this?

1. Most important… Can you please send a regular support request from inside the app?

1. Start G-Stomper Studio
2. Press HELP
3. Press Contact
4. Type in your name and send the message

In this mail I get the basic information about the app version, G-Stomper settings, etc.
In order to solve your problem, I need this information.

2. Please send an error report to the Play Store. When an app crashes, you get a dialog box, which allows to send such a report.
I can grab these reports on Google Play to see what’s going on.

Thanks in advance
The Telltale Silence

Postby The Telltale Silence » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:05 am

My bad. I wasn't entirely clear. The app doesn't cryogenic to ash. VA Beast "crashes" in the fact that it resets to default. I'll be playing notes while making adjustments and BAM! Back to default. A lot. As much as every 30 seconds. Sometimes less, sometimes it works for 10 min. So I can't send a report through Google play. I will sent the one through the program. Can I do it now? Or do you want me to do it after it resets?
The Telltale Silence

Postby The Telltale Silence » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:06 am

Cryogenic to ash? Love that auto correct! Completely crash. That's what I meant! ☺
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:37 am

The Telltale Silence wrote:Cryogenic to ash? Love that auto correct! Completely crash. That's what I meant! ☺

haha yeah, auto correction can make you crazy sometimes;)

The Telltale Silence wrote:The app doesn't cryogenic to ash. VA Beast "crashes" in the fact that it resets to default. I'll be playing notes while making adjustments and BAM! Back to default. A lot. As much as every 30 seconds. Sometimes less, sometimes it works for 10 min.

Thanks for the explanation. That sounds indeed weird, especially since there are no "defaults". So "technically", what you say is impossible. But that does not mean that it doesn't happen.

Does the "reset" happen at a specific task, e.g. when pressing a specific button or touching a specific slider or something in that direction?
And if it happens, does the complete app restart?
Or does it just set the parameters to some previous state?

Is it possible that you have "step edit" enabled while tweaking the params?
Is the sequencer running or stopped?

Or is it possible that you accidentally select a different track by hitting one of the VT.. button at the bottom of the screen?

Would it be possible to do a screen recording (a video clip) from such a reset and then send it over?
That would probably be the best possible help to find out what's going on.

The Telltale Silence wrote:I will sent the one through the program. Can I do it now? Or do you want me to do it after it resets?

You can send it at any time, it doesn't matter if the issue occurred in that moment.
In any way, it would be helpful to have your device and Android details as well as the basic app settings.
Knowing these details just answers a lot of basic questions and lets me focus on the actual problem.

1. Start G-Stomper Studio (or VA-Beast if you're using the standalone version)
2. Press HELP
3. Press Contact
4. Type in your name and send the message
The Telltale Silence

Postby The Telltale Silence » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:09 pm

Sorry I didn't get back quicker I've been really busy. I sent the error report through the app. I played around with it for a little bit and I think I am selecting a different VA track by accident. I have about five of them and when I'm working on my sound I think I hit a different VA track since I use the on screen keyboard a lot so it switches to a blank sent. It was never consistent on what I was doing with the synthesizer. But I am always using the keyboard to play notes. So unless I can get it to do it again some other way I think I was just selecting the BA buttons by accident. Thanks for the help.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:42 am

No problem, there was no hurry.
Thanks a lot for reporting back, The Telltale Silence.
Also thanks for sending the message from inside the app.
Yes, that makes sense with the VA track buttons.
OK, then I set the issue to solved.
If you can reproduce it in some other way, just let me know.

Return to “Bug Reports”