[SOLVED] Show fader values whilst in step edit mode

Submit any bugs here. Please check existing posts before submitting a new one.
El Nino

[SOLVED] Show fader values whilst in step edit mode

Postby El Nino » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:23 pm

Not really sure if this is a feature request or a bug report but anyway, The faders currently dont show the correct values whilst in step edit mode.
Last edited by El Nino on Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
planet-h

Re: Show fader values whilst in step edit mode

Postby planet-h » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:00 pm

El Nino wrote:Not really sure if this is a feature request or a bug report but anyway, The faders currently dont show the correct values whilst in step edit mode.

Thanks for your message, El Nino.
I've just tested it in this moment. The faders actually show the correct values. If they wouldn't, then there would have been many reports before. The step edit mode as well as its fader handling is something that hasn't changed since more than two years now.

The question is: What values would you expect as the correct values?

Step Edit = OFF:
The faders show the currently set values, the actual value which is set in the particular Module (e.g. a sampler).

Step Edit = ON:
The faders show the value at the currently selected (edited) step. This must not match with the currently set value of the particular module.
While on the drum machine view, you can scroll through the steps (select them for editing) by pushing the step buttons.

If you still think it doesn't show the right values, can you please explain (as more detailed as better) what you would expect as the right values. Ideally explain what you're trying to do, what you expect to see, and what the application shows instead.

Please keep in mind, that by default there are no steps with a defined value. This means if you set a fader value at a particular step, then all following steps will inherit that value until another step changes it. But as said, this is the default. There are ways to change that behavior.

Please check out the following chapters in the docs:
http://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/G-Stomper_UserManual_ParameterAutomation.htm#_Toc429054851
El Nino

Re: Show fader values whilst in step edit mode

Postby El Nino » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:27 pm

hi thanks for the fast reply.

i have misunderstood something about step edit mode.

What i meant is that when step edit mode is on in the vabeast synth and i move a fader, the little box which appears next to it to show the value stays at the original value, until the sequencer playback passes the step i am on...

this must be the intended behaviour of step edit mode, sorry for the (noobish) mistake there.
planet-h

Re: [SOLVED] Show fader values whilst in step edit mode

Postby planet-h » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:13 pm

You're welcome.
And no problem at all. I'm glad you can work with it now;)

Return to “Bug Reports”