Notification Bar drops.

Submit any bugs here. Please check existing posts before submitting a new one.
DemontionAE

Notification Bar drops.

Postby DemontionAE » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:52 am

Notification bar drops any time I do a downward swipe motion while running G-Stomper. To include changing slider evels.
I'm running most recent G-Stomper update and Android version 4.3 on a Samsung Galaxy S3. Downward motion disabled in Android settings. This issue hasn't shown in any other apps. Please help.
planet-h

Re: Notification Bar drops.

Postby planet-h » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:47 pm

Thanks a lot for reporting this issue. I haven't noticed this so far. I'm going after it as soon as I'm back at the office next weekend. Just to understand you right, when you swipe down from top, e.g. to change a slider value, the notification bar shows up, or in other words, gets rolled down, right?
Actually, this is disabled by the app. Did you tried a reboot? Are you using the portrait mode or lanscape?
DemontionAE

Postby DemontionAE » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:23 am

Correct. I've tried rebooting but the issue is still there.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:30 am

Thank you for the info.
Are you using the portrait or landscape(default) mode?
DemontionAE

Postby DemontionAE » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:28 am

Landscape. Android version 4.3. Don't know if the version makes a difference or not.
(update)
It happens in both modes but the issue is more noticeable in landscape because the sliders are located close to the top of the screen.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:59 pm

I've just cross checked the behavior on a nexus 7 using Android 4.4. And yes I can reproduce it.
But this is not a bug, it's obviously a new feature since Android 4.3. I've tried a few other apps, Caustic, Microwave Synthesizer, Groovemixer and a handful games. All have exactly the same behavior. If you swipe from outside the screen (on top) into the screen, then the notification bar shows up (half transparent).

Anyway, I'm going after this and let you know if it can be disabled or not. I'm not sure if it's possible since this gesture is captured outside the app. But we'll see.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:13 pm

I did some deeper research for this behavior. It is actually a new feature which has been added (officially) to Android 4.4 Kitkat. Referring to the google release notes the new behavior was added because full screen apps like games, or in this case G-Stomper Beat Studio, did not allow to access notifications without exiting the app.

The new behavior is as followed:

When you swipe down from the top edge of the screen (independent in which mode you are, portrait, reversed portrait, landscape, reversed landscape), the status bar shows up in immersive mode, which means in fact, it shows up laid over the app layout half transparent.

When you swipe down again while the status bar is showing, the notification center shows up, so that you can access the notifications.

Actually this happens to all full screen apps, and so far, it's impossible to disable it. Maybe there'll be ways in upcoming Android versions, but for now, there's no way to disable that feature. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

What you can do to come around this...:
Don't start swiping from outside the screen when you touch a fader. Touch somewhere inside the fader instead.

Sorry that there's no better solution right now.

..It's a bit strange that you have this in 4.3 already, but obviously google added it in this version as an undocumented feature.
DemontionAE

Postby DemontionAE » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:26 am

Thank you for the quick response (as you always do). Unfortunate this, added feature of Android. Your app is amazing. Thank you for your efforts. :)

Return to “Bug Reports”