Step Editing in VA Beast

Questions and Discussions about the G-Stomper VA-Beast Synthesizer
mark_orion

Step Editing in VA Beast

Postby mark_orion » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:46 am

I have some questions about step editing in VA Beast that I am using as part of G-Stomper Studio:
- There is a section "Step Edit" on the right side under the piano keyboard. Can somebody explain how this works or where to find the explanation in the manuals (I could not find anything) ? The only thing I worked out is that the number that looks like a time display shows bars:notes and can be modified with the arrow buttons via long and short taps, but that's it.
- Does the VA Beast sequencer supports step entry ? What I mean is entering notes sequentially on the keyboard but without the need for accurate timing because every note is stored as the smallest unit of the bar. The sequencer on my Roland SH-01A works this way. You can lengthen notes or insert rests via "legato" or "rest" buttons.
planet-h

Re: Step Editing in VA Beast

Postby planet-h » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:13 pm

mark_orion wrote:I have some questions about step editing in VA Beast that I am using as part of G-Stomper Studio:
- There is a section "Step Edit" on the right side under the piano keyboard. Can somebody explain how this works or where to find the explanation in the manuals (I could not find anything) ? The only thing I worked out is that the number that looks like a time display shows bars:notes and can be modified with the arrow buttons via long and short taps, but that's it.

Here you'll find everything you're looking for.
https://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/ ... /part4.htm
Step editing works the same in all modules. It's just the controls that are different.

mark_orion wrote:- Does the VA Beast sequencer supports step entry ? What I mean is entering notes sequentially on the keyboard but without the need for accurate timing because every note is stored as the smallest unit of the bar. The sequencer on my Roland SH-01A works this way. You can lengthen notes or insert rests via "legato" or "rest" buttons.

No, that's not supported, sorry.

Return to “G-Stomper VA-Beast Questions and Discussions”