Akai MPK mini Midi set up

Questions and Discussions about the G-Stomper VA-Beast Synthesizer
Toddski

Akai MPK mini Midi set up

Postby Toddski » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:00 am

I have tried, with no success for many hours, to set up my Akai MPK mini to do the following.

1.Have the Pads play samples T01 -T16 with out triggering the synthesizer notes.

2.Play the Synthesizer with out triggering the T01-T16 samples.

The goal is to finger drum and record a beat or sequence a beat in real time and then jam some synth ect.

If you have the Akai MPK mini and have been able to set it up to do that please let me know what you did in the control editor and within the G-Stomper midi settings.

Cheers
planet-h

Re: Akai MPK mini Midi set up

Postby planet-h » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:30 am

You must configure the MIDI channels on your MPK MINI using the Mac or PC software.
By default it sends the same MIDI channel on all controls.
G-Stomper on the other hand (like all other musical hw or sw) separates the different instruments by MIDI channel.
In other words, each Sampler track (Txx) and each VA-Beast Synth track (VTxx) as well as the global section (e.g. for all sampler tracks at once), can be controlled by its own MIDI channel. Which channel this is is your own choice. But in order to send different channels using the controls, you must setup your MPK MINI with the AKAI software first (using a PC or Mac).
Toddski

Postby Toddski » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:17 am

I appreciate you for taking the time to respond to my question, however in general, how to use midi was not the question I was asking. So I ended up figuring it out and it used a lot of my time.

If any Apk mini users out there need a work around to use G-Stomper in a way that you can have the pads play samples such as a 808 kit while sepreatly playing the Synthesizer on the key board I took the time and got it working finally!!! I slayed the Beast!!! Iam sure I am not the only person who had this struggle!
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:18 am

Toddski wrote:If any Apk mini users out there need a work around to use G-Stomper in a way that you can have the pads play samples such as a 808 kit while sepreatly playing the Synthesizer on the key board I took the time and got it working finally!!!

I know that how to use MIDI in general was not your question.
You wanted to know how to map the pads to samples and at the same time map the keys to a synth (please correct me when I'm wrong).
And to achieve that, you have to configure your controller so that the keys and the pads fire different MIDI channels.
Without firing separate MIDI channels for pads and keys, it's technically impossible to control different instruments.
tingel-tours

Postby tingel-tours » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:21 am

ahoi, so how should i connekt akai mpk mini mk3 with g-stomper!? do you maybe have mk3 program-settings for me, or other tipps´n´tricks?
tingel-tours

Postby tingel-tours » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:24 am

hejhej, can you help me connecting mpk mini mk3 with g-stomper!?
what did you do / how should i do it?
setting up a new program @ mk3 or manipulating midi-settings @ g-stomper!?

cheerio, arne
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:35 pm

Welcome to the forum, Arne

tingel-tours wrote:ahoi, so how should i connekt akai mpk mini mk3 with g-stomper!? do you maybe have mk3 program-settings for me, or other tipps´n´tricks?

Well, you use an USB OTG adapter, either Micro USB male to USB A female or USB type C male to USB A female, and then you just plug it in.
If you want to configure your MPK device, download the MPK Mini editor software from AKAI to do so.
For further details on how to connect to G-Stomper and setup the channels, CC mappings and more, please read the docs.

Short walk-through here:
https://www.planet-h.com/documentation/midi/

G-Stomper MIDI manual here:
https://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/ ... _Midi.html

tingel-tours wrote:hejhej, can you help me connecting mpk mini mk3 with g-stomper!?
what did you do / how should i do it?
setting up a new program @ mk3 or manipulating midi-settings @ g-stomper!?

This topic might help: you viewtopic.php?f=8&t=804
It's about the AKAI LPD8, but will surely also help to setup the MPK.

Return to “G-Stomper VA-Beast Questions and Discussions”