feature request

Questions and Discussions about the G-Stomper VA-Beast Synthesizer
Clintusmaxims

feature request

Postby Clintusmaxims » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:36 pm

Hey great synth, a welcome addition for the android musician. I recently wrote a review on Google play, with a request for an extra filter. Just to clarify I did mean within the synth layout. So basically
We could have one LP filter on osc 1 and say HP filter on Ocs 2 with parallel and series modes. Would be icing on a very delicious cake. Thanks again for a great synth.
planet-h

Re: feature request

Postby planet-h » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:42 pm

Welcome to the forum, Clintusmaxims.
And thanks alot for your suggestion and the excellent rating on google play :)

Sounds very intersting. I was already thinking about running a second filter parallel to the existing one, so that you have a lowpass and high pass at once (actually a notch filter but with 2 independent resonance peaks). Being able to affect the routing of the oscillators separately would open again, a lot of new sound variations. Once G-Stomper 3.0 is live, I'm gonna check that ;)
Clintusmaxims

Postby Clintusmaxims » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:45 pm

thanks and no problem, its worth the five star :D

your right about a second filter it certainly does add a wealth of new sound possibilities. really good to hear your considering it.
tell ya what would be nice also! is a selection of wavetables for the oscillators with morph slider that could be modulated (i know im greedy ) fantastic app though, easily best synth on android sonically.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:00 am

Clintusmaxims wrote:thanks and no problem, its worth the five star :D

your right about a second filter it certainly does add a wealth of new sound possibilities. really good to hear your considering it.
tell ya what would be nice also! is a selection of wavetables for the oscillators with morph slider that could be modulated (i know im greedy ) fantastic app though, easily best synth on android sonically.

Yes, wavetables would be definitely cool. Technically it should be possible since the VA-Beast was designed internally as a modular system. As far as I see this would (simply said) just be an another waveform generator, equipped with a sample loader.

Anyway, you can be sure that there'll be lot of new stuff coming into the synth.
Once G-Stomper 3.0 has gone live, the next features for the synth are planned as followed:

1. Morph groups: 4 morph groups, to which all the faders can be assigned.
The groups can be mapped to mod wheel, keyboard freq, aftertouch and velocity, or they can just used as simple controllers.

2. Sequencing functionality for the standalone version + of course it'll get multitimbral (up to 12 instances
Clintusmaxims

Postby Clintusmaxims » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:04 pm

Morph groups sound very intriguing, awesome stuff I'm such a synth geek. I will be sure to try out your G-stomper 3.0 app as well. Good to have an active dev on a forum also.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:18 pm

Thank you :) I give my best

Return to “G-Stomper VA-Beast Questions and Discussions”