Import MIDI-Pattern

Questions and Discussions about the G-Stomper VA-Beast Synthesizer
fatAngel

Import MIDI-Pattern

Postby fatAngel » Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:01 am

hi @all,

i recently installed and tested VA-beast, which seams to be very powerfull.
i like the sound and the MIDI-implementation. no other android-synth sync to external MIDI-clock as smoothly as the Beast does ;)

on the other hand i am missing some basic features, or cant find them:

is it possible to import MIDI-patterns without loosing the selected synth-sounds?
as there is no option to create and chain multiple patterns, it wold be nice to load stored MIDI-patterns on the fly while playing.
unfortunately all my selected Beast-sounds get cleared after importing a MIDI-pattern and have to be reloaded manually.

is there any workaround?

thx in advance

f.a.
planet-h

Re: Import MIDI-Pattern

Postby planet-h » Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:04 pm

Welcome to the forum, fatAngel

fatAngel wrote:i recently installed and tested VA-beast, which seams to be very powerfull.
i like the sound and the MIDI-implementation. no other android-synth sync to external MIDI-clock as smoothly as the Beast does ;)

Thanks a lot for the kind words :). I'm glad to hear that you're happy with the app and the MIDI implementation.

fatAngel wrote:is it possible to import MIDI-patterns without loosing the selected synth-sounds?

Unfortunately not. The MIDI import always tries to map the incoming sound to the GM standard (if possible ... and as good as possible).

fatAngel wrote:as there is no option to create and chain multiple patterns, it wold be nice to load stored MIDI-patterns on the fly while playing.
unfortunately all my selected Beast-sounds get cleared after importing a MIDI-pattern and have to be reloaded manually.
is there any workaround?

Sure, instead of loading MIDI patterns on the fly, load VA-Beast patterns. If you save VA-Beast Patterns, then then sound is saved with it.
So just save your patterns in VA-Beast, and then load these. Loading patterns on the fly is always in sync with the running pattern.
If you want to lock the tempo in a live session, long press play, and then activate "Tempo-Lock".

Hope that helps getting out of it what you need.

Return to “G-Stomper VA-Beast Questions and Discussions”