G-Stomper Studio 5.4 open BETA

Everything about Beta builds (discussions, reviews, ...)
planet-h

G-Stomper Studio 5.4 open BETA

Postby planet-h » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:24 pm

Hi everybody
The open BETA tests for the upcoming G-Stomper Studio 5.4 started today.

With this new version you get a full-featured graphical Audio Editor and finally the ability to record new samples over your microphone.

If you're willing to join the tests, just visit the G-Stomper Public BETA Group on google+ and click "ask to join".

Important:

Only regular owners of a G-Stomper Studio full license, bought on Google Play, can join the test and download the BETA release.

gss54_audio_editor.jpg
gss54_audio_editor.jpg (122.03 KiB) Viewed 2754 times

The pre-release introduces two main upgrades:

1. Graphical Audio Editor

A new graphical Audio Editor which lets you edit any kind of .wav or .aif files in various ways + you can finally record new samples from your microphone.

Audio Editing:
Cut, Copy, Paste (insert), Paste (Mix), Paste (overwrite), Crop, Delete, Smooth Delete (with x-fade), Mute, Swap Stereo Channels

Audio Processing:
Level +/-, Normalize Level (channels linked or independent), Noise Gate, Fade-In/Out, Connect particular sample positions to generate smooth transitions, Reverse, Invert Phase, Remove DC Offset

Other key features:
Sample recording from Microphone as .wav with up to 16bit, 48kHz, Stereo
Unlimited Undo/Redo
Selection Markers automatic snap in to zero transitions
Loop Playback of the selection

The Audio Editor can be accessed in the long press menu of the drum tracks (T01-T24), in the sample menu of the VA-Beast PCM Module, and in the long press menue of the main Record button.

2. New "AudioTrack N" Audio System

Devices running on Android 7.0 (N) or higher (e.g. Nexus 5x/6/6p/9, Pixel C, Pixel phones) get a new low latency Audio System called "Audio Track N" which allows best results right out of the box. Other than the existing Audio Systems OpenSL and AudioTrack, AudioTrack N does automatically adjust the internal latency level at runtime to the best possible value for your device. So practically there's no more headache to decide and thest the different buffer sizes, AudioTrack N just does all these things automatically depending on the measured underuns and CPU load.

Very special thanks to Frank from Musical Android. It was his video post in his blog a few weeks ago which brought me to the new audio API ;)
And of course also very special thanks to Google for finally opening the audio API.

5.4 BETA1 release notes:

- New Graphical Audio Editor/(Mic-)Recorder (located in the long press RECORD menu as well as in the long press T[..] menus and in the sample menu of the VA-Beast PCM Module)
- New Low Latency Audio System for devices running on Android N (7.0) or higher
- Raised the latency limit for silent recording from 40ms to 60ms
- Fine tuning of the device specific default settings
- Various UI improvements and bug fixes

Hope you enjoy
Cire86

Re: G-Stomper Studio 5.4 open BETA

Postby Cire86 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:55 am

Can you provide me any links where i can get some info about the new audiotrack n, this has my interest but cant find anything about this on google
planet-h

Re: G-Stomper Studio 5.4 open BETA

Postby planet-h » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:27 am

Cire86 wrote:Can you provide me any links where i can get some info about the new audiotrack n, this has my interest but cant find anything about this on google

There's no new AudioTrack class actually.
It's just the regular AudioTrack, which got new low latency abilities in Android N.
All the magic is coded around the regular AudioTrack in the G-Stomper AudioSystem.

Here's some info:

And here's the AudioTrack api doc:
https://developer.android.com/reference/android/media/AudioTrack.html

Return to “Beta Zone”