The open BETA tests for the upcoming G-Stomper Studio 5.0 started today.
This new version finally brings full Multi-Sample based synthesis to the integrated VA-Beast Synth, which means you can use sample (PCM) based instruments instead of regular oscillator waveforms.
If you're willing to join the tests, just visit the G-Stomper Public BETA Group on google+ and click "ask to join".
Only regular owners of a G-Stomper Studio full license, bought on Google Play, can join the test and download the BETA release.
G-Stomper Studio 5.0 RC1 Release Notes:
- New Multi-Sample based Synthesis for the VA-Beast Synthesizer (tap through the OSC waveforms until you reach PCM)
- New SFZ Preset Importer, which lets you load .wav and .aif based SFZ files (Main Menu / IMP / VA Generic Preset (.sfz)
- New free assignable Morph Group + onscreen Mod Wheel control on the Piano KB
- New controls to customize the KB Pitch Wheel range (up/down independent, 0-24 semi tones)
- New a Sustain Pedal onscreen control to the Piano KB (multi-mode: Momentary, Toggle, Continuous)
- 41 new PCM based, multi sampled Presets (Main Menu / LOAD / VA Factory Preset / PCM Based Presets)
- Overall improved VA Factory Presets
- Upgraded the complete Synthesizer core to Stereo
- Fixed the velocity (absence) bug in the VA-Beast arpeggiator
- Fixed the incomplete automation parameter selection of the VA-Beast Synth (filter2 + unison)
- Added once extra voice per synth instance to avoid "hard cutting" when running out of voices
- Fixed a memory leak in the Sample Pool
- Fixed various minor bugs in the sample loader + persistency handling
- Fixed a bug in the wav reader which prevented some rare bastardized header formats from working
- Overall improved Sampler performance
- Fixed a bug in the MIDI driver for MIDI interfaces with multiple interfaces pointing to the same usb endpoint
- Fixed a crash bug in the MIDI device connector which forced the app to close in some rare situations (special thanks to Jesse for the report)
- Fixed a bug in the RPN/NRPN input listener which prevented RPN/NRPN messages from working with multiple virtual interfaces
- Memory Optimization for low powered devices
- Improved overall FX Performance
- New High Performance Stereo Filters
- 4 Vocal Samples and 1 Guitar Sample had to be removed from the Factory Sounds (sorry for that)
- Fixed a Google Play Services incompatibility issue
- Removed the support for the G-Stomper 1.0 XML based file formats
- Simplified Content Selection in the Data Copy Framework (boxed content selection)
- Fixed a bug which forced the menu tabs to be in white color on some devices