G-Stomper VA-Beast Synthesizer BETA

Everything about Beta builds (discussions, reviews, ...)
planet-h

Re: G-Stomper VA-Beast Synthesizer BETA

Postby planet-h » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:04 pm

Myrothas wrote:Yeah, the doubletap hint works well! Finally :)
And startig after the installation works well too.
Gorgeous Beast, you built there man!

Cyre86 wrote:Yeah now all looks right, and the build in help is very usefull. Great work

Thanks a lot guys, your reports have been a great help.

Btw. I've just went live with an another hotfix release (2.6.8.3) for G-Stomper Beat Studio on Google Play (will be online within an hour). It contains a hotfix for the installation bug reported by Myrothas + finally, a new rebuilt resampling algorithm, which was merged from the G-Stomper 3.0 development branch. You'll hear a huge difference when pitching sine like samples (e.g. an 808 kick or other bass sounds). Before there were ringing overtones in such cases, these should be gone now;)
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:58 pm

Hi There
G-Stomper VA-Beast 1.0 went online today!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.planeth.vabeastdemo

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.planeth.vabeast

Thank you all for your help during the beta tests.
As long as the Beta version is working, you're free to use it. I tried to find out how long this exactly will be, but without success. I would say the cached license will run for another 1 or 2 weeks (maybe longer). Anyway, if you decide one day to buy the full version, you need to uninstall the beta first, otherwise the play store won't let you to buy it;)

I hope you enjoy the beast, while I enjoy my long awaited vacation :mrgreen:
Myrothas

Postby Myrothas » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:34 pm

I thought it will be in the G-Stomper integrated.
Or do you sell it Standalone too?
#Beep, Boop-Beep#

Doesn't that sound great so far?

planet-h

Postby planet-h » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:21 pm

Myrothas wrote:I thought it will be in the G-Stomper integrated.
Or do you sell it Standalone too?

It will be integrated in G-Stomper Beat Studio 3.0, which will be BETA ready around end of January 2014 (release somewhere in February)

And yes, it's sold standalone as well, because not all users want to have a sequencer application around it;)
Offaksis

Postby Offaksis » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:54 am

This Synth is Awesome - I'm loving all the various features and effects that you've built into it!! So many!

Thanks for the explanation of the Panic button.. i did see that it stops the audio, but didn't realise that is what it was supposed to do :oops:

I've just installed the latest beta version, but am now finding that it will not open for me. It appears to load, but the screen goes black and a message pops up saying "Not Licensed"
I read earlier in this post that it checks google servers immediately for a license. i am connected to my WiFi, but have also checked by disabling wifi and connecting to my local carrier - It's strange in that it was working perfectly until i decided to update to the latest Beta Version.. Silly me! it was working fine(I've not had the issues that others had reported) so i shouldn't have 'fixed' it :cry:

One thing that i did have to change on my SGII was change the voices down to 5.
I was finding that on the default setting of 6, i was getting some crackling and breaking up of audio.
This could be just my phone, as i've always found my SGII to be a bit slow... even after a factory reset (Sometimes going back out to the Home screen can take 10+sec for the icons to actually appear..)

I've just restarted my phone and removed and re-installed the latest Beta App, but am still having the 'Not Licensed' msg before the app shuts down..
Any suggestions? or is it just me?
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:12 pm

Offaksis wrote:This Synth is Awesome - I'm loving all the various features and effects that you've built into it!! So many!

Thanks for the explanation of the Panic button.. i did see that it stops the audio, but didn't realise that is what it was supposed to do :oops:

I've just installed the latest beta version, but am now finding that it will not open for me. It appears to load, but the screen goes black and a message pops up saying "Not Licensed"
I read earlier in this post that it checks google servers immediately for a license. i am connected to my WiFi, but have also checked by disabling wifi and connecting to my local carrier - It's strange in that it was working perfectly until i decided to update to the latest Beta Version.. Silly me! it was working fine(I've not had the issues that others had reported) so i shouldn't have 'fixed' it :cry:

One thing that i did have to change on my SGII was change the voices down to 5.
I was finding that on the default setting of 6, i was getting some crackling and breaking up of audio.
This could be just my phone, as i've always found my SGII to be a bit slow... even after a factory reset (Sometimes going back out to the Home screen can take 10+sec for the icons to actually appear..)

I've just restarted my phone and removed and re-installed the latest Beta App, but am still having the 'Not Licensed' msg before the app shuts down..
Any suggestions? or is it just me?

Thank you very much Offaksis. I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the synth :).

Yes, that is the right setting (5 voices), actually it's still a bit more than my recommendation in the settings dialog (4 voices for dual core devices).
But it anyway strongly depends on the patch compexity. E.g. If you're using 2 saw waves without expensive modulations applied, you can easily use 8 or maybe even 10 voices, but if you're using 2 dual sines with FM applied (like in the Vibes PH preset), you'll have a max of 4-5 voices.

About the licensing:
The reason why the beta isn't working anymore is the fact, that the G-Stomper VA-Beast has been released 2 days ago. As already mentioned at the beginning of this thread:

planeth wrote:Requirements and conditions for the BETA tests:

Minimum Android Version: 3.1
Minimum CPU: Dual Core 1ghz
You must be a Google Play User with a Google Play supported device. The BETA is bound to the google licensing and is working only on Google Play enabled
devices.
Optional for MIDI Support: Your device must support USB Host Mode
The BETA build is working until the final release has gone live.

Unfortunately I cannot change that, since the app (even the beta) is bound to the google licensing. Once released, google isn't deliver test licenses any longer.
The only way to get it run is to buy it from google play or amazon. And unfortunately, neither google nor amazon support promo licenses. Sorry for that inconvenience.
Offaksis

Postby Offaksis » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:32 pm

"Unfortunately I cannot change that, since the app (even the beta) is bound to the google licensing. Once released, google isn't deliver test licenses any longer.
The only way to get it run is to buy it from google play or amazon. And unfortunately, neither google nor amazon support promo licenses. Sorry for that inconvenience."

No no that's fine! Sorry for not reading the beginning of the thread again properly.

So if i buy the stand alone version, does it offer the ability to record? or input into G-Stomper?

Also with the new version of G-Stomper 3.0 including the synth (Correct?) will i need to buy the stand alone version too? (Or would that just be doubling up?)

:)
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:04 pm

Offaksis wrote:So if i buy the stand alone version, does it offer the ability to record? or input into G-Stomper?

No, the standalone version is a pure live instrument and it's completely separated from G-Stomper Beat Studio. But maybe I can add an export feature in one of the next releases.

Offaksis wrote:Also with the new version of G-Stomper 3.0 including the synth (Correct?) will i need to buy the stand alone version too? (Or would that just be doubling up?)
:)

Yes, the synthesizer will be also integrated in G-Stomper Beat Studio 3.0, if you're already owning G-Stomper Beat Studio, it'll be completely free of charge. And no, for the G-Stomper Beat Studio integrated version you don't need the standalone version.

But ... if you want to prepare your own synth sounds already, you can do this now with the standalone version, and once G-Stomper Beat Studio 3.0 gets released, you just can load all the patches you created with the standalone version in G-Stomper Beat Studio 3.0 without further actions required. The patches are fully compatible;) The only difference is that the Standalone version saves the efx together with the patch and G-Stomper Beat Studio will save just the patch, not the efx. In G-Stomper Beat Studio, the efx are stored together with the patterns. So it's on you to decide if you want the standalone as well or rather wait for the 3.0 update, which will be beta ready around end of january 2014. Anyway, thanks a lot for your support

Andreas

Return to “Beta Zone”