G-Stomper VA-Beast Synthesizer BETA

Everything about Beta builds (discussions, reviews, ...)
taerundfehder

Re: G-Stomper VA-Beast Synthesizer BETA1

Postby taerundfehder » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:39 am

Yes, thanks! That's the reason why i posted it here. Iˋm using G-Stomper a lot but haven't registered since yesterday. Cheers!
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:24 am

Cire86 wrote:Yeah man this is realy a beast. I realy love the modulation envelopes. Great work
Ps: the reportet little bug was not by me

Thanks a lot Cire86. Glad to hear that you like it and that everything works as expected.

taerundfehder wrote:Yes, thanks! That's the reason why i posted it here. Iˋm using G-Stomper a lot but haven't registered since yesterday. Cheers!

There were still permission issues on the beta forum, now it should be fixed, no more approval required for posters.
ubick

Postby ubick » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:07 am

Hi! I just installed the beta and listened to some presets, now trying to start from scratch. Very nice synth! Lots of features and clear design. Run well on Acer 500. I will try midi devices tomorrow, but android latency, you know...
karllost

Postby karllost » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:58 am

Top stuff! This is excellent sounding and very intuitive to use.

A couple of questions though... (I realise it is beta so I hope I'm not drawing conclusions for no reason).

1 - Is/will there be a .wav export for sounds created inthis?
2 - Will it continue to be standalone after relase or is the intention to incorporate it entirely into GStomper Beat Studio itself?

Whatever the answers, this is definately the best synth on Android so far.
karllost

Postby karllost » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:00 pm

Just got to say it again, this is great. I'm really impressed with the power this thing packs 8-)
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:15 pm

ubick wrote:Hi! I just installed the beta and listened to some presets, now trying to start from scratch. Very nice synth! Lots of features and clear design. Run well on Acer 500. I will try midi devices tomorrow, but android latency, you know...

karllost wrote:Top stuff! This is excellent sounding and very intuitive to use.

A couple of questions though... (I realise it is beta so I hope I'm not drawing conclusions for no reason).

1 - Is/will there be a .wav export for sounds created inthis?
2 - Will it continue to be standalone after relase or is the intention to incorporate it entirely into GStomper Beat Studio itself?

Whatever the answers, this is definately the best synth on Android so far.

Thank you very much guys
Great to hear that you're enjoying it, and so far it looks like everything is working as expected.

@ubick
I'm curious how the midi devices will work on the Acer 500. Btw. how much latency do you have? You can check that at the bottom of the in-app settings dialog

@Karl
Not sure about the wave export yet, but I think this will be integrated.
But I guess this looses importance, since the VA-Beast will be fully integrated in G-Stomper Beat Studio 3.0 together with a polyphonic sequencer, and as known from G-Stomper, you can bounce almost everything, and for sure the synth tracks, too.
(furthermore G-Stomper 3.0 got a complete new resampling algorithm, so all these ringing overtones, which you usually hear (in the current version) when pitching sine like samples, will be gone completely)

Finally, both will go live, the standalone and G-Stomper with the integration. But rather than G-Stomper 3.0, the standalone version of the synth is already finished:)
karllost

Postby karllost » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:13 pm

Thanks, I can barely wait for that :) Any ETA (I can appreciate this is a LOT of work)?
Cire86

Postby Cire86 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:14 pm

I have some questions about the Midi.
1. Is the Midi sync function going to be in G-Stomper 3.0
If so: could it be possible to sync to G-Stompers on 2 tablets via Midi cable this would be cool
2. I asked a while ago for Support for Midi controllers like korg nanocontrol and you said First we need midi, so now that we have Midi can i hope for it with v3?
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:22 pm

Cire86 wrote:I have some questions about the Midi.
1. Is the Midi sync function going to be in G-Stomper 3.0
If so: could it be possible to sync to G-Stompers on 2 tablets via Midi cable this would be cool
2. I asked a while ago for Support for Midi controllers like korg nanocontrol and you said First we need midi, so now that we have Midi can i hope for it with v3?

1. Yes, definitely, it is already... in the development version

2. I would say yes. Not sure if it will be ready with G-Stomper 3.0 already, but yeay, there will be a midi implementation chart containing all controller ID's, so it should be possible to hook up any midi controller. For now, there's just midi IN. Once there's midi OUT as well you can just send a ping from a controller in g-stomper, so that you can learn it in your external controller. Not sure how exactly it'll be, maybe it's also easier the other way, sending a ping from the controller and then learn it in g-stomper. But there'll be support for controllers, that's sure.

And if the usb midi allows it (not sure if it's stable enough, it's some kinda laggy sometimes), we'll be able to sync multiple g-stomper's together.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:27 pm

karllost wrote:Thanks, I can barely wait for that :) Any ETA (I can appreciate this is a LOT of work)?

Fortunately a lot of the work is done already since the synth was built into G-Stomper from the beginning (the beginning of the synth development).
Actually only the polyphonic sequencer has to be done, and with it, a good amount of integration work.
All the parameter automation is working already (in the G-Stomper 3.0 dev version)

Don't hit me, if it takes a bit longer;)
But I would say the BETA will start at end of January 2014

Return to “Beta Zone”