OTG Adaptor

Here is the space for discussions about anything beside G-Stomper.
Please remain always respectful to other users.
siestomp

OTG Adaptor

Postby siestomp » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:08 pm

Hui, last posting in 2015! I am going to change that :D .
Does anyone know if there is an OTG Adaptor that is more a HUB as I want to connect more than one usb device plus the possibility of charging the device via an external power supply.
horst
planet-h

Re: OTG Adaptor

Postby planet-h » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:25 am

If your device has a "micro USB" connector, charging and using the USB at the same time is (officially) technically impossible. There are cable adapters on the market, but these won't work with many devices, and even worse, these might brick your device.

If your device has an "USB type c" connector, then it might be possible, as the USB c specification officially allows that.
siestomp

Postby siestomp » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:11 am

Thank you for thr hint regarding usb c. I am right now on a way to buy a new device. But I argue, usb c is common meanwhile.
horst
p.s.: my old tablett with 5.01 will not accept producer :)
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:31 am

siestomp wrote:Thank you for thr hint regarding usb c. I am right now on a way to buy a new device. But I argue, usb c is common meanwhile.

Yes, that might be true. Most modern devices come with an USB c connector.
Also useful for using the USB and charging at the same time is the ability to charge the device wireless. I think it's worth taking a closer look to these.

siestomp wrote:p.s.: my old tablett with 5.01 will not accept producer :)

You mean the app "G-Stomper Producer"?
if your tablet runs on Android 5+, then it should actually be supported.
The Min Android for all G-Stomper apps is 5.0.
siestomp

Postby siestomp » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:01 am

planet-h wrote:The Min Android for all G-Stomper apps is 5.0.

PlayStore says:
Diese App is möglicherweise nicht für dein Gerät optimiert

But nevertheless: Android 5 makes Stomper because of latency issues not useable (for me). And now (as mentioned in my other thread) it is a real joy wit 9.
All together I have to buy a new one.
Two days ago I travelled by train and took my handy (Android 9) plus AKAI LPK25 with me and played a bit (using my inear). Big astonishment in the compartment :D
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:13 am

siestomp wrote:Does anyone know if there is an OTG Adaptor that is more a HUB as I want to connect more than one usb device plus the possibility of charging the device via an external power supply.
horst

Check out the Delock 4 Port USB Type C Hub with and Power Delivery
(requires a device with an USB Type C connector + Android 6.0.1)

We've just published a working solution for devices with an USB Type C connector at our MIDI Info Page.

On older devices with a Micro USB connector, it is technically impossible (at least officially) to charge your device while USB hardware is connected.

Return to “Off-Topic”