W.I.P

Share your G-Stomper beats and tracks
User avatar
planet-h
Posts: 1198
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:46 pm

Re: W.I.P

Postby planet-h » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:05 am

J-Fon wrote:my Nexus 7 2012 has seen a dramatic performance increase with G-Stomper and 4.4.

24 tracks playing and using efx, scrolling through sample menus can produce a crackling sound because of the heavy load, this has all but gone now.


Wow, that is good news and very interesting.
Did you also notice a change in the audio latency? Could you give that a quick check in the settings dialog of the VA-Beast BETA?
There should be an info about the sample rate + the latency in ms.

Did you got 4.4 as a regular update or did you flash it by yourself?

Did you use the latest build (2.6.8.2) of G-Stomper before the 4.4 update? 2.6.8.2 contains a hotfix for android 4.3+ for devices that have a native samplerate of 48000. Without that hotfix I had that crackle issue as well on my nexus 7 v2 device.
User avatar
planet-h
Posts: 1198
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:46 pm

Re: W.I.P

Postby planet-h » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:16 am

hehe...got the anwer about the update from google;)
I'm getting the kitkat update as well, in this very moment ;)
J-Fon
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:28 am

Re: W.I.P

Postby J-Fon » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:23 am

planeth wrote:
J-Fon wrote:my Nexus 7 2012 has seen a dramatic performance increase with G-Stomper and 4.4.

24 tracks playing and using efx, scrolling through sample menus can produce a crackling sound because of the heavy load, this has all but gone now.


Wow, that is good news and very interesting.
Did you also notice a change in the audio latency? Could you give that a quick check in the settings dialog of the VA-Beast BETA?
There should be an info about the sample rate + the latency in ms.

Did you got 4.4 as a regular update or did you flash it by yourself?

Did you use the latest build (2.6.8.2) of G-Stomper before the 4.4 update? 2.6.8.2 contains a hotfix for android 4.3+ for devices that have a native samplerate of 48000. Without that hotfix I had that crackle issue as well on my nexus 7 v2 device.


Ahhh so it was not Google making Android more resource friendly, but you hotfixing G-Stomper, great job!! :D

Audio latency is the same as before on my N7 2012 (69ms) sample rate 44100, I flashed the 4.4 KRT16O update myself then I got the latest 4.4 KRT16S OTA last week, on my tablet I messed up and put a titanuim backup on google drive but not locally, not very clever, after I wiped my device I just let the play store download and reinstall all my apps, so it would have taken G-Stomper build (2.6.8.2) automatically.

I was having problems earlier because I forgot to rescan for user samples, if I used my backup I would not have to, so I had broken tunes with missing samples, I could not figure it out until I realised I had to go through first initial setup again which I have not done for maybe a year.
User avatar
planet-h
Posts: 1198
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:46 pm

Re: W.I.P

Postby planet-h » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:42 am

J-Fon wrote:Ahhh so it was not Google making Android more resource friendly, but you hotfixing G-Stomper, great job!! :D

Audio latency is the same as before on my N7 2012 (69ms) sample rate 44100, I flashed the 4.4 KRT16O update myself then I got the latest 4.4 KRT16S OTA last week, on my tablet I messed up and put a titanuim backup on google drive but not locally, not very clever, after I wiped my device I just let the play store download and reinstall all my apps, so it would have taken G-Stomper build (2.6.8.2) automatically.

I was having problems earlier because I forgot to rescan for user samples, if I used my backup I would not have to, so I had broken tunes with missing samples, I could not figure it out until I realised I had to go through first initial setup again which I have not done for maybe a year.


I think this time it was actually google ;). If your latency is higher than 60ms. The fix applies only for Android 4.3+ devices with a native sample rate of 48kz and a latency below 60ms. So it looks like these guys improved it for real, hehe
Thank you, Google
J-Fon
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:28 am

Re: W.I.P

Postby J-Fon » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:30 am

The finished tracks can be found on Soundcloud, I decided to split the tracks into two parts because of long playing samples which I could not not get working correctly with the first part of the track, either way PT2 has become my love child :-)

Name has changed to

Bass Odyssey pt1 War
Bass Odyssey pt2 Serenity

:-)

https://soundcloud.com/jersonfon/sets/bass-odyssey
User avatar
planet-h
Posts: 1198
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:46 pm

Re: W.I.P

Postby planet-h » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:07 pm

J-Fon wrote:The finished tracks can be found on Soundcloud, I decided to split the tracks into two parts because of long playing samples which I could not not get working correctly with the first part of the track, either way PT2 has become my love child :-)

Name has changed to

Bass Odyssey pt1 War
Bass Odyssey pt2 Serenity

:-)

https://soundcloud.com/jersonfon/sets/bass-odyssey


Thanks a lot for posting those J-Fon. Exceptionally good, love that songs.
Btw. did you enable the 'allow long playing samples to overlap pattern changes' setting in the G-Stomper settings dialog? This should eliminate the problems with long playing samples, with one exception... the case when a sample overlaps 2 different patterns;)
J-Fon
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:28 am

Re: W.I.P

Postby J-Fon » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:28 pm

planeth wrote:
Thanks a lot for posting those J-Fon. Exceptionally good, love that songs.
Btw. did you enable the 'allow long playing samples to overlap pattern changes' setting in the G-Stomper settings dialog? This should eliminate the problems with long playing samples, with one exception... the case when a sample overlaps 2 different patterns;)


I used 'allow long playing samples to overlap pattern changes' for the second track pt2 because it sounded better, it flowed well and sounded more natural, but it ruined the first track pt1 as a result of over lapping.

So I split the tune into two tracks ;-)

Also don't forget my embedded mp3 art....LOL :lol:
Attachments
000000ba.jpg
000000ba.jpg (38.89 KiB) Viewed 5697 times
User avatar
planet-h
Posts: 1198
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:46 pm

Re: W.I.P

Postby planet-h » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:50 am

Yeeeah, I didn't notice that til yet. Really cool :mrgreen:, thank you J-Fon

Return to “Music Showcase”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest