triggering samples with MIDI controller

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
GoodOldGroove
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 12:52 pm

triggering samples with MIDI controller

Postby GoodOldGroove » Tue May 02, 2017 6:46 pm

Hi folks,
New user, great app guys, seems very powerful! Nice to be here

I'm don't know much about MIDI connections and setting paths within the app to make it all working, I'm basically a guitarist wanting to play some samples from it. I managed to connect a MIDI controller and I can see the app gets the signal as it blinks when I trigger the controller. Now, I need to link each MIDI button to a particular sample and I seem to be stuck here. I'm sure it's an easy operation for a G-Stomper Wizard :) Could someone please lead me out of the MIDI mist so it's bit cleaner for me

thanks very much and excuse my lack of knowledge in the area

Bruno
User avatar
planet-h
Posts: 932
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:46 pm
Contact:

Re: triggering samples with MIDI controller

Postby planet-h » Wed May 03, 2017 7:24 am

Welcome to the forum, Bruno

GoodOldGroove wrote:Hi folks,
New user, great app guys, seems very powerful! Nice to be here

I'm don't know much about MIDI connections and setting paths within the app to make it all working, I'm basically a guitarist wanting to play some samples from it. I managed to connect a MIDI controller and I can see the app gets the signal as it blinks when I trigger the controller. Now, I need to link each MIDI button to a particular sample and I seem to be stuck here. I'm sure it's an easy operation for a G-Stomper Wizard :) Could someone please lead me out of the MIDI mist so it's bit cleaner for me

thanks very much and excuse my lack of knowledge in the area

Bruno


What kind of MIDI controller do you use?
To trigger samples, a keyboard is required. Does your controller has a keyboard?

If yes, do the following:

1. Connect the controller
2. Start G-Stomper
3. Press setup
4. Select the MIDI Tab
5. If you use G-Stomper Studio, then you must clear the default setup first. Scroll down and click VA-Beast Synthesizer Channels, ports, then click clear all.
6. Now back to the MIDI setup, scroll up to global channel, ports. Click it to enter, then press Learn and press a key on your controller keyboard and confirm with OK.
7. Now press Global Key mappings, then press T01: play sample, press learn again, and finally press your desired key on the MIDI keyboard.
8. Repeat step 7 for all sampler tracks.

Hope that helps.
GoodOldGroove
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 12:52 pm

Re: triggering samples with MIDI controller

Postby GoodOldGroove » Sun May 07, 2017 3:16 pm

fantastic, I have them all connected now, thanks very much
I use a Tank attack guitar FX pedal, it has 4 buttons easy to trigger by foot

cheers

Bruno
User avatar
planet-h
Posts: 932
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:46 pm
Contact:

Re: triggering samples with MIDI controller

Postby planet-h » Mon May 08, 2017 4:12 pm

GoodOldGroove wrote:fantastic, I have them all connected now, thanks very much
I use a Tank attack guitar FX pedal, it has 4 buttons easy to trigger by foot

cheers

Bruno


You're very welcome:)
Thanks for reporting back.
Voseone
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 10:25 pm

Re: triggering samples with MIDI controller

Postby Voseone » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:02 pm

Would I be able to use a livid minim with this application?
User avatar
planet-h
Posts: 932
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:46 pm
Contact:

Re: triggering samples with MIDI controller

Postby planet-h » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:41 pm

Voseone wrote:Would I be able to use a livid minim with this application?


Since I don't have a Livid Minim to test, I can only guess.
If your Android device is running on Android 6.0 or higher (MIDI over Bluetooth LE is supported since Android 6), it should work.
Referring to its specs I don't see a reason why it shouldn't.
But as said, I cannot guarantee it. If you have the chance, then I'd recommend to try it in advance.

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests