Switching soundsets...

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
marekv

Switching soundsets...

Postby marekv » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:04 pm

I would like to simply switch the same developed/changing project between phone based/stored soundset and homomorphic external midi soundset (both e.g. in the variety of General MIDI Drums patch). What do you recommend? Thanks...
planet-h

Re: Switching soundsets...

Postby planet-h » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:30 pm

Welcome to the forum, marekv.

marekv wrote:I would like to simply switch the same developed/changing project between phone based/stored soundset and homomorphic external midi soundset (both e.g. in the variety of General MIDI Drums patch). What do you recommend? Thanks...

I recommend to wait for G-Stomper Studio 5.0 (coming very soon).
In this new major release, you'll be able to load multi sampled instruments to the VA-Beast synth, either in the G-Stomper .gsy format or or in .sfz (import format).
You'll be able to create GM Dumsets with the same samples you use in your regular MIDI Setup (as long as you own the samples).
The GSS 5 Factory Presets provide 2 GM compatible Drum Kits (909 and Rock), but only simple ones with the most used sounds.
If you need a complete GM drum set I recommend to import one from an .sfz file.

If you don't want to wait... you're free to join the ongoing BETA tests and grab the latest pre-release right now.
Just keep in mind that you must be a regular owner of GSS (bought on Google Play) to join the tests.

Just follow the advice in this thread:
http://www.planet-h.com/gstomperbb/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=414

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”