affordable tablet

Questions and Discussions about G-Stomper
Francey pants

affordable tablet

Postby Francey pants » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:27 pm

Ok, so I have priced the Galaxy tablets in the 7 inch display and right now they are not in my budget, so what is the next step down for using with Gstomper that would still give decent performance. Thanks :D
planet-h

Re: affordable tablet

Postby planet-h » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:45 am

Francey pants wrote:Ok, so I have priced the Galaxy tablets in the 7 inch display and right now they are not in my budget, so what is the next step down for using with Gstomper that would still give decent performance. Thanks :D

Not sure if there's something much slower than a Samsung tablet, these are all not very fast when it comes to performance or latency.
You must know that none of these so called "octa-core" devices are true octa-cores. All of these are actually dual quad-core, while the faster of the both quad-core cpus is only 1.9ghz. And an 1.9ghz quad core is not a high performance device. The only context where Samsung tablets are really at the top edge is the price.
Don't get me wrong, Samsung devices are good, and these are the most used devices. But this does not automatically mean that you make the best deal with them.

You can actually buy tablets which are way faster than any Samsung tablet, but for a better price.
The best tablet you can get is hands down the Google Nexus 9. It comes with a much faster CPU (64bit) than most other tablets, and it costs less than most other tablets. Regarding performance and latency, the nexus 9 is the undoubted king in the android tablet world.
You can buy a new nexus 9 for around 300$.

The less expensive variant is to get a Nexus 7 (2013). It's not the fastest device, but still better than many much more pricey tablets.
Nexus 7 (2013) devices are available for around 100$.

Hope this is a help for your considerations
Francey pants

Re: affordable tablet

Postby Francey pants » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:31 pm

ok , cool. This weekend I am shopping for one, mainly to use for music production primarily G Stomper. I plan on loading tons of samples on it for ready use as well as Audacity for chopping loops to fit in G stomper and have an all in one rig going. Thanks :lol:

Return to “General Questions and Discussions”