my requests

Suggest and discuss new features here.
mojo

my requests

Postby mojo » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:08 pm

Hi i'm a new really happy user and here are some request s :

- Some mute groups in the sampler (4 or 5).

- The possibility to resample inside the app (for example being able to sample a synth loop or two synth loop into one sample) with a basic sample editor (start, end, normalize).

Thats all for the moment, maybe i'll add some requests if i see something else missing.

Thanks for this great app the most intuitive & inspiring app on the market. I hope the work on it will continue to have some greater version.

Ciao ciao
planet-h

Re: my requests

Postby planet-h » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:17 am

Welcome to the forum mojo, and thanks for your suggestions.
mojo wrote: - Some mute groups in the sampler (4 or 5).

Mute groups as well as layer groups are planned and definitely coming this year.

mojo wrote: - The possibility to resample inside the app (for example being able to sample a synth loop or two synth loop into one sample) with a

Technically, this is possible already, but it's not yet as comfortable as it should be.
You can export a subset of tracks in a single sample.
I know that is not exactly what you're looking for, but you can produce the desired result that way.
Once the layer groups are integrated, you'll be able to bounce a complete layer as a sample, in the same way you can do now for a single track.

mojo wrote:basic sample editor (start, end, normalize).

Also a sample editor is planned and probably coming this summer.

mojo wrote:Thanks for this great app the most intuitive & inspiring app on the market. I hope the work on it will continue to have some greater version.

Thanks for the kind words:), I really appreciate that.
And yes, of course, there will be further updates. At the moment it's a bit quiet around G-Stomper, because we've moved to a new place/house, and it took a while to bring everything back in place. But finally we arrived and I'm able to start coding again;)
mojo

Postby mojo » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:26 am

Hi another idea :

A page where whe can mute, unmute, solo and unsolo all drum and synth part.

Ciao ciao
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:13 am

mojo wrote:Hi another idea :

A page where whe can mute, unmute, solo and unsolo all drum and synth part.

Ciao ciao

I guess you mean something like the drum pads view, right?

Have you tried the mixer view already?
OK, you still have to scroll through the tracks there, but it's very easy to achieve in use of the scroll (>>) button

Also, did have you tried the programmable multi-mute yet?
http://www.planet-h.com/gstomper/docs/G-Stomper_UserManual_ProgrammableMultiMute.htm

However, bottom line, fully agree, having a view to mute/solo over all would be nice. I'll see what I can do.
mojo

Postby mojo » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:07 pm

Hi thanks for the answer.

Yep i was talking about something like the drum pad view but with the synth part in the same page.
But i have another way to do that. I had a look at the midi chart & saw that wasn't possible . So it would be cool to be able to mute or solo all the parts (synth and drum) with note so we can mute or solo part with the key of a midi controler as i do when i jam with reason and my mpk mini.

Thank you planet, i listened to your gstomper songs and thats really great, really good advertisement for your app.

Again thank you, good luck and i wish you the best for you and your app.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:42 pm

Hi Mojo
mojo wrote:Yep i was talking about something like the drum pad view but with the synth part in the same page.
But i have another way to do that. I had a look at the midi chart & saw that wasn't possible . So it would be cool to be able to mute or solo all the parts (synth and drum) with note so we can mute or solo part with the key of a midi controler as i do when i jam with reason and my mpk mini.

So then I have good news for you. There's a big MIDI update coming soon.
It'll bring full MIDI control to G-Stomper: Samplers, Synths, FX, Master, Sequencer, and of course also the mute and solo switches. Also included will be the ability to manually edit the MIDI cc mappings and the icing of the cake is probably the newly integrated MIDI learn feature. It's already close to beta state, it'll be ready for the beta tests this weekend.
I've just sent you an invitation to the G-Stomper BETA community. As a member you'll get the pre-releases before they go public.
Just follow the steps in the invitation message, it's a google+ message, so be sure to check your google+ profile.
G-Stomper 4.2 beta2 is online already, which brings a lot of new stuff, but not yet the full midi update, that will follow with beta3 at the weekend.

mojo wrote:Thank you planet, i listened to your gstomper songs and thats really great, really good advertisement for your app.

Again thank you, good luck and i wish you the best for you and your app.

Thanks a lot, I'm glad to hear that you like the songs:)

Hope to see you soon in the beta group.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:16 pm

Btw. also included is a new latency compensating midi sync mechanism, which makes it possible to run G-Stomper in sync with other equipment, even if your device runs at high latency times
EIPStudiosOhio

Postby EIPStudiosOhio » Fri May 22, 2015 11:26 am

Ah yes, mute groups will be a really cool addition..... Perfect for hat control.
mojo

Postby mojo » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:44 pm

And perfect for sliced samples to make some hip hop beats.
Will we have the ability to slice samples in a non destructive way in the sample editor to come ???
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:45 am

mojo wrote:Will we have the ability to slice samples in a non destructive way in the sample editor to come ???

Not sure yet, since it's not decided if it will be separated or as part of GSS (depends on the memory consumption).
I'd say a slicer would probably better take place in GSS, not as part of the sample editor, but that's just a guess, I haven't started any analysis for this modules yet.

Return to “Feature Requests”