[FIXED] Lock/unlock

Submit any bugs here. Please check existing posts before submitting a new one.
TomVal

[FIXED] Lock/unlock

Postby TomVal » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:52 pm

When I'm anywhere else then the main screen of G-Stomper, and I lock and then unlock my phone, I get tossed back into main screen instead to remain on the screen where I was when locking my phone. This is sometimes bothering, since I tend to invoke an appropriate bank in the Pattern Set window, then locking my phone, and after unlocking, I'd like to continue work in that window, but I have to re-display it again. THis is quite non-androidish behavior of an app, since when I'm locking my phone, I'm expecting to see the same screen when I unlock my device, and that's not the case of G-Stomper's screens other than the main one.
planet-h

Re: Lock/unlock

Postby planet-h » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:00 pm

TomVal wrote:When I'm anywhere else then the main screen of G-Stomper, and I lock and then unlock my phone, I get tossed back into main screen instead to remain on the screen where I was when locking my phone. This is sometimes bothering, since I tend to invoke an appropriate bank in the Pattern Set window, then locking my phone, and after unlocking, I'd like to continue work in that window, but I have to re-display it again. THis is quite non-androidish behavior of an app, since when I'm locking my phone, I'm expecting to see the same screen when I unlock my device, and that's not the case of G-Stomper's screens other than the main one.

Can you please define "lock and then unlock". How much time is in between?
Android does shut down apps automatically when they're in the background for 20 minutes (maybe longer), especially if those apps have processes running (like an audio app does). Once it got shut down, it simply gets restarted on unlock, which ends up on the main screen.

This is in fact very androidish. If Android would let G-Stomper run in the background, it would drain your battery to zero in 3-4 hours. Therefore it get's terminated.

There is a mechanism in android to cache the current state of an app. For G-Stomper this is technically impossible, since there's much more running in the background than just the views which you see. Keeping the state of the complete audio engine is unfortunately impossible.
TomVal

Postby TomVal » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:40 am

OK, I'll try to describe my problem again.

I encountered this situation on Galaxy Note 2 with CyanogenMod 11. I started G-Stomper Studio, invoked the Pattern Set window, and then pushed the power button to lock the screen. After a while, I unlocked my device, and I found myself back on the Drum Machine (main) screen. I tried this on Nexus 2013 LTE with Android 4.4, and the behavior is exactly the same.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:23 am

Thanks for the explanation. I did a few tests meanwhile. And yes, you're right, it's in fact not after 30mins, it's after a few seconds.
It actually drops you back to the main screen if your device turns the orientation while it's locked.
This seems indeed to be a bug. I made a note to get this fixed in the next release.
Thanks for the report.
planet-h

Postby planet-h » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:16 pm

TomVal wrote:OK, I'll try to describe my problem again.

I encountered this situation on Galaxy Note 2 with CyanogenMod 11. I started G-Stomper Studio, invoked the Pattern Set window, and then pushed the power button to lock the screen. After a while, I unlocked my device, and I found myself back on the Drum Machine (main) screen. I tried this on Nexus 2013 LTE with Android 4.4, and the behavior is exactly the same.

The bug is fixed now, goes live with v4.0.5.
Thanks again for the report

Return to “Bug Reports”